We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Bag Drops question.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet Bag Drops question.

I will be traveling from Edinburgh and will be checking in a bag, already have my boarding pass from online.

My question is are there more than one bag drop of or just one long queue? I think there is a designated drop off counter for the speedy boarders and those reserving extra legroom seats?

Can't seem to find any onto on their site.

Thanks!!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

Hi there may be a few bag drop off areas for Easyjet, but they will all be next to each other. As to speedy boarding , once you know which gate you are departing from, there will be two queue areas to board the plane at the gate. One which says speedy/priority boarding & the other for all other passengers.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

thank you....:)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,036 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

They don't have speedy boarding anymore as all seats are assigned so no point in it. Everyone has to check in before getting to the airport and do bag drops. Easyjet dropped airport check in a few months ago although they will still print you a boarding pass at the bag drop free of charge if you didn't print your own.

London
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

My most recent easyjet flight did have separate boarding queues, even though all seats were allocated.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,036 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

Yes well they have to justify themselves to the daft folk who bought Plus cards and also they have seperate queues for Flexi fare pax.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

Thanks, maybe only advantage of getting on first has to do with space for hand luggage if any.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,014 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

They have new hand luggage rules Hemi. Guaranteed on board if you stick to the dimensions (which are small). But you can't take a hand bag as well as hand luggage. One bag only. If you're bag is over (even by handles or wheels) and they are busy you may have to pay to have it put in the hold. This is not cheap. So check that carefully.

Some people just have to get on first so they can be first off, be served first or because the seats suit....lots of reasons.........sometimes it's just because :-)

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

Not strictly true, regarding the new hand baggage rules. They have two sizes, and you don't have to pay if it's within the larger one. However, it might get put in the hold at the gate unless it's within the smaller size. From the easyJet website:

Cabin Bag – what goes in and what stays out?

Cabin bag guarantee on all flights. Make sure your cabin bag travels with you.

Our customers have told us they want to keep their cabin bag with them – and not have to put it in the hold on busy flights where overhead locker space is limited.

And now you can. Our new cabin bag guarantee means you can make sure your bag travels with you in the cabin, even on the busiest flights.

To take advantage of the guarantee, simply bring ONE slightly smaller bag no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm including handles and wheels and we’ll guarantee it will travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold.

easyJet plus cardholders, FLEXI fare, easyJet plus Upfront or Extra Legroom customers, can continue to bring ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels – and use easyJet plus Speedy Boarding to board first in order to secure space in the overhead lockers.

So if keeping your cabin bag with you is a priority, why not bring a slightly smaller bag (which is still big enough to hold all your travel essentials) and we guarantee it will not go in the hold – even if the flight is full."

As for whether having an easyJet plus card is "daft", I actually find more value from mine now that there's allocated seating. I can book an extra leg room seat for every flight, instead of queuing in the Luton sheep pen and hoping I get to the exit rows before anyone else. And it gets me through priority security at Edinburgh.

To return to the OP, pre-purchasing "up front", "extra leg room", or "speedy boarding" does, indeed, get you a priority bag drop.

Edited: 16 August 2013, 00:15
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

Just a bit of a tip flying from Edinburgh Arport, you are only allowed one item of hand luggage officially, but once you get through security you are allowed to take another bag if it is stuff you have purchased from any of the airport shops, so if you are worried about too much hand luggage, get a World Duty Free carrier bag (if you ask nicely theyll give you one) and take it with you to put your extra stuff into :)

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet Bag Drops question.

:-) Kinzi, I'd not thought of that! However on that principle you don't need an official duty free bag, a Boots the chemist bag would do as they've a biggish shop airside.