We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who'll take a dinner reservation near the Pleasance?

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Who'll take a dinner reservation near the Pleasance?

Can anyone recommend a restaurant who'll take a booking for 6 early on a Sunday evening not far from the Pleasance? During the festival of course! We'll eat anything!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who'll take a dinner reservation near the Pleasance?

The Pleasance [the Street] runs southwards from the Cowgate for over half a mile; but I guess you mean The Pleasance [festival venue] and are looking for a meal between shows?

Head up Drummond Street and at the far end there's the Red Fort; you might or might not be put off by the sex shop next door.

Round the corner from there, Nicholson Street, there are loads more places to eat. They're all used to people eating before shows, because the Festival Theatre is opposite.

Suruchi and Ti Amo are the ones that come first to my mind. There are others. And right next to the FT there's the City Restaurant which is a combo fish&chip shop and restaurant.

There are others: Babylon cafe, the Mosque Kitchen, Elephants and Bagels - I'm now heading round the corner and into Nicholson Square.

If I widen the net there are many more but I guess you want somewhere close by. You are not short of choice.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who'll take a dinner reservation near the Pleasance?

Try Blonde, on St Leonard's Street. It's a 5 minute walk along from the Pleasance, and is delicious. Kismot is next door too, if you like Indian. I think these places still take bookings.

Abs :)

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who'll take a dinner reservation near the Pleasance?

Cafe Cassis in Salsbury Road is a 10 minute walk away. Great fusion of Scottish/French food owned & run by Denis & Alison.

Kismot for good Asian food run by the Ali family with the larger than life Akbar front of house

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
370 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who'll take a dinner reservation near the Pleasance?

I'm with Abs on Blonde-we were there last week-v good again and good value too. They were allocating tables for 2 hours 6-8, 8-10

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who'll take a dinner reservation near the Pleasance?

I'm partial to Bonsai (bonsaibarbistro.co.uk/index.php/richmond-st). I have no idea if they take bookings during the festival, though.

6. Re: Who'll take a dinner reservation near the Pleasance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:17