We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

Hello TripAdvisor,

On Saturday 21st Sept I will be in Edinburgh with my car and I've been asked if I could pick up a friend from Waverley Station.

I'd like to program the name of a road in my Sat Nav before I get too lost.

Could some kind person tell me where I will be able to wait in my car for my friend?

Also, how long would it take to drive from Waverley Station Edinburgh to Peebles on a Saturday at 1pm ?

Thank you

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

Waverley Bridge is the vehicle entrance to the station, there is a drop off / pickup area at the bottom of the ramp but there is no waiting there. More information here

networkrail.co.uk/edinburgh-waverley-station…

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

The easiest place to pick someone up, avoiding all hassle over the ramp from Waverley Bridge? Head for Market Street - the back entrance from the station. There are parking places not too far away if you're lucky, and other nooks and crannies for a short wait.

That's the part of Market Street running East alongside the station, not the part that heads West, uphill towards the Mound.

North Bridge (the A7) runs almost overhead.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,561 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

Waverly Station to Peebles on a Saturaday afternoon around about 1 hour should do it

edinburgh
Level Contributor
241 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

personally I wouldn't even bother trying to get near the station if you don't know Edinburgh. just find somewhere to park in the centre & walk the last bit. hope your friends bag isn't too heavy.

once you get out of Edinburgh city centre your probably just under an hour to peebles, take your time & enjoy the scenery

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

Thank you all for your replies. It looks like I have some scouting to do when I get there.

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

You can use the Waverley Station Car Park - entrance via New Street. It costs £3 for the first hour and then sliding charges thereafter.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

OK - thanks.

I will have a look on Google Maps to see where I need to go.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

Just to add to the New Street car park post. You actually get the first half hour for free. So if you sit in your car in Calton road, (almost guarantee you will find space) get who ever your picking up to call you when they get in. Drive into the car park and Bobs your uncle.

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

bigglebandicoot - Excellent way to do it.

10. Re: Waverley Station / Picking someone up in my car /

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:19