We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

Konigslutter...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

We are travelling to Edinburgh in September and are looking for recommendations for the best Afternoon Tea in town!?

Thank you for your help!

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

Have a look at this previous thread for lots of recommendations.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186525-i108-k63…

All the discount sites such as Groupon, 5pm.co.uk or itison.com do regular offers for afternoon tea so worth keeping an eye on too

2. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 17:05
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

I agree with the post of the Caledonian Hotel, their Afternoon Tea is just fabulous. The hotel is newly refurbished and the cakes and scones are delicious. Highly recommend it!

New York
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

We are in Edinburgh in September as well. A timely post because my wife and brothers partner can have afternoon tea while we play some golf. Caledonian Hotel looks like a good choice. Thank you

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

We are afternoon tea fans and have had it many times especially in London but we really enjoyed it at the Caledonian, although we love the Dome for drinks we've never tried the tea there yet.

New York
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

The Dome looks very grand. We'll go there for dinner I think rather than afternoon tea

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

The Dome does grand, especially downstairs. Food, under the Dome, funnily enough. Beautifully posh cocktail bar.

They also have a rather old-fashioned tea-room upstairs. White cloths. China tea service.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
588 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

Another option is Casa Angelina (London St, Edinburgh) - I reviewed it last week - absolutely AMAZING afternoon tea - I really can't recommend it highly enough.

Hazel

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

I have a few friends and family who have been to the Prestonfield and rave about afternoon tea there. I have only been for lunch and dinner and the surroundings are lovely. Not quite city centre but there is a golf course next door!!

www.prestonfield.com/Dining-AfternoonTea.html

10. Re: Best Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:21