We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Flight-Travel Options

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
13 posts
Save Topic
Best Flight-Travel Options

Hi,

We are a couple that are going to visit Edinburgh for 3 days and also London for 4 days in May 2014, but looking at the geographic of this area my thoughts are flying into Edinburgh first because

I would only need to take a train only once onto London. Its not about the price of the flight but the time involve which is meaningful to me and the carrying of luggage to and from. Please any feedback on this decision would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,730 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Flight-Travel Options

Taking the train is the obvious, sensible, more scenic and most convenient option, unless you happen to be at Edinburgh Airport.

Look at www.eastcoast.co.uk for fares. Book about 12 weeks before your travel dates for discounts.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Flight-Travel Options

Just beware that if you are planning to travel over the bank holiday weekend (May 24-26th) that there are often engineering works on the railways that weekend which cause delays and diversions. Other than that the journey by train is good- the first hour and a half is scenic along the East coast then nothing much to see after that. There is plenty of room for luggage and often they will take your luggage and put it in a luggage car until the end of your journey.

3. Re: Best Flight-Travel Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:20