We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh City Pass

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh City Pass

I was just wondering if the City Pass is worth the £50 for a 3 day visit. I have tried having a search online but can't find many opinions on it !

Any information on whether it is worth the money would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh City Pass

Never seen the need for it but it depends on what you want to do and whether it is included in the pass

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,316 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh City Pass

It tends to cover the more commercial attractions rather than the historic places e.g. Edinburgh Castle. Most of the museums in Edinburgh are free. If you plan your schedule around the attractions covered with the pass then you can get your value but if you only want to do a few things on the list then it is probably not worth it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh City Pass

Thanks guys I'll have a look and compare discounts via normal prices and see if it's worth while. Do you know if the Sightseeing Tour Bus give discounts on entry to attractions ?

I know in Dublin you receive a small map and this has discounts for tourist attractions on it :)

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh City Pass

We go next week and I've looked at the Edinburgh Pass. For us it worked out about the same for cost - so it wasn't worth it as we'd have to jam everything into the 3 days vs. spreading it out more over the week.

Also make sure you check availability for things you want to see using the pass. For example I was interested in the Hidden Gardens tour but it's not offered when we go so having it on the pass is of no value to us.

I simply went down to list of attractions on the pass and added up the cost of those I wanted to see and compared that to the cost of the pass for the number of days I thought it would take us to see the attractions. Very easy to see if it's a savings or not that way!

5. Re: Edinburgh City Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:17