We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus 64 To/From Lauriston Castle

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bus 64 To/From Lauriston Castle

Hi. My daughter and I will be taking the bus out to Lauriston Castle. I have google mapped it and Bus 64 pops up as a very good connection option (sometimes) for where we are starting and stopping on both ends of our journey. However, it seems to run infrequently though (got this info by playing with times of our journeyon google maps). I have gone onto the Edinburgh Bus website to try to see what times it runs so I know my options but it's not listed on there at all ...?

Its route also seems very different depending on what time it is (per google maps), which seems weird. I know that google maps isn't always accurate however.

Can anyone help me try to get a bettler handle on this bus? Thanks!

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus 64 To/From Lauriston Castle

If you use the information on thir website it gives you lots of better bus options edinburghmuseums.org.uk/Venues/…Find-Us.aspx

It depends on what part of the city you are coming from. Use www.lothianbuses.com in conjunction with the suggested routes and you can't go far wrong

I did find info on the number 64 it is run by a small private operator - here is the link to the timetable www.horsburghcoaches.com/timetable.php?id=37

Edited: 16 September 2013, 20:47
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
978 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus 64 To/From Lauriston Castle

Take Lothian Buses route 42 from Hanover Street in the city centre to the terminus at Davidsons Mains. From there, walk about 600 metres up Cramond Road South / Barnton Gardens to Lauriston Castle. The fare on Lothian Buses (Edinburgh's main bus service) is £1.50 for a single ticket. See www.lothianbuses.com

3. Re: Bus 64 To/From Lauriston Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 06:20