We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cramond Inn

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
86 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Cramond Inn

Worth planning to eat there? Many bad reviews saying poor service and not great food. But it was a place family enjoyed many years ago and We'll go unless advised to stay away.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cramond Inn

WE used to go there a lot as well, but last twice 6 months ago was not great with very poor service, Try sending a PM to some of the recent good reviews then make your mind up

Scotland
Level Contributor
626 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cramond Inn

I used to go often many years ago, but my last visit was awful. I have not been back since. Shame- it's in a lovely spot.

Wol
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
395 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cramond Inn

Don't go. Waste of time effort and money. Poor service from staff with bad attitudes. Looking rather grubby now too.

Fife
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Cramond Inn

I often met my parents at this Inn. As they age, it gives us a walk along the river front and then a nice pint in a traditional pub. But having gone there frequently, my wife, parents and I were asked half way through our drinks on a recent visit, to "move tables" to make way for locals who were expected and who always sat at the table we were sitting at. The table hadn't been reserved and it's not as if the other couple were even there. We weren't asked if we were due to be leaving. A subtle way to do that might have been to ask if we wanted any more drinks or some food. Shame really, because we might well have ordered some food and four meals would have been better than two. Ah well, I hope the other couple were bigger spenders than us, and they go regularly enough to prop up what I can only suggest will be a failing business with that attitude...

Edited: 05 October 2013, 20:21
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
86 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cramond Inn

Thanks to all, it's sad when a favorite place slides in it's food and service. I think we will not visit this trip

6. Re: Cramond Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:17