We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh grass market

Immingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh grass market

Help, I'm meeting an old friend (ex girlfriend actually from a long time ago.) anyone suggest a good place to go for lunch in the old town,/grass market area of Edinburgh. I'm travelling from England to meet in Edinburgh as she is from West Lothian.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
588 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh grass market

Without knowing budget and dietary preferences my first recommendations would be Howie's on Victoria St or the Mussel and Steak on the West Bow.

Hazel

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh grass market

I'm partial to Mamma's Pizza in the Grassmarket. There are also some nice places on Victoria Street, which leads off the Grassmarket including the Grain Store and Mariachi. In George IV Bridge (nearby but uphill from the Grassmarket) there are Vittorias and the Outsider

Level Contributor
27 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh grass market

Pork roll from Oink and a pint in the Bow Bar?

Maybe not ... but that was the last lunch I had with an old GF in that area.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh grass market

Wedgwood does a lovely lunch menu - great value and classy surroundings.

Mussel and steak bar is good for more relaxed fining experience. You could cosy up in a booth and slurp mussels together.

Mammas pizza is good at the diner end of things, and Oink is amazing for a totally relaxed vibe.

Abs :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh grass market

Lived in grassmarket for 10yts I would go to either the john lewis cafe / restaurant top floor cracking views ofcity can choose from eating a scone to having salmon as various options, or harvey nicks top floor cafe / restauant again cracking voew of castle and coty and afterwards she could browse the shop which ever one you choose, gtassmarket full of ttourists eh abs...

Edited: 03 October 2013, 06:53
Scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edinburgh grass market

We would recommend iggs:

www.iggs.co.uk/galleries/gallery#ad-image-0

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edinburgh grass market

http://www.vittoriagroup.co.uk/#div in Merchant Street just off Candlemaker Row.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 00:49
8. Re: Edinburgh grass market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:21