We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi price for Ferry Road

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
taxi price for Ferry Road

hi,

i wish to say if it s posible to go by airport from Ferry Road with public bus.

I arrive at Edinburgh airport at 14:00 and i m looking for a related for arrive a Ardleigh Guesthouse.

If it s posible, there s anyone that know where s the price of the course, approximately, if i take a taxi?

Thank u at all that it answer at my question.

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

i m sorry...

I m forvige to call if it s easy to reach Old Town by Ardleigh Guesthouse.

It s necessary to take a bus or it s not far away to make a promenade?

Again thanks

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

First, be aware that Ferry Road is quite long (several kilometres) so you will need to be careful to go to the right part. That guest house appears to be in the Goldenacre area, between Inverleith Row and Warriston Road.

A taxi to Goldenacre is likely to cost the same as one to the city centre - about £20, perhaps a pound or two more.

You can get the Airlink airport express bus (service 100) to the city centre (£3.50 one-way), and either get a taxi from there (£5 or so), or a bus to Goldenacre. Get off the airport bus at George Street (the stops are announced on this bus) and catch the number 27 city service (single journey £1.50; day ticket £3.50) from Hanover Street.

The Lothian Buses web site at http://lothianbuses.com provides full details and maps so that you can see exactly where to go.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

To answer the final question, Ferry Road is around 2km from the city centre and 3km from the Old Town. The walk is relatively pleasant, but I expect most people would prefer to take the bus. The number 27 or number 8 service will take you to both, and the Lothian Buses web site will provide details.

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

thank u @john for ur accurate informacion!

I think that i will arrive at the airport i will catch the taxi.

If the haulage is only about 20 pounds, i prefer take a taxi and play for time!

As regards my displacement by guesthouse from the center, i think that i will catch the bus!

Again thank u

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

While you are here, there will be plenty buses from the guesthouse to the centre of town. A little more information.

http://goo.gl/maps/lW3xC for the location

lothianbuses.com/timetables/ROUTE-MAP_131012… for a bus route map

The 8, 14, 21, 27 pass near the guesthouse, with the 8, 27 heading directly to town, and the 14, 21 going via Leith, where there are loads of good restaurants and pubs.

(The airlink bus, followed by a local bus, would be an alternative to a taxi from the airport but would take longer. Looks like you have decided on a taxi)

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

thanks also u @derek.

My choice is for good to take a taxi by airport from guesthouse when i arrive.

@john and @derek, i can to profit of ur gentility for an other question?

My choice of the guesthouse, in a first moment, was among this guesthouse (Ardleigh) and an other (Valentine guesthouse, situated in Gilmore Place)....

It was better if i ve choiced the Valentine?

Naturally i intend for the comfort o the location in reference at public transport?

I m sorry for all this question but the start is near (26 october) and i m not want to blunder with the location.

Thank u and good evening

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

Gilmore Place is a little nearer the city centre, and equally well served by (different) buses. It's on the Old Town side of the city, and a rather more easily walk-able distance from the sites that interest most visitors.

However, Edinburgh is a very compact city. Neither of these guest houses is more than a ten-minute bus ride from the centre, and buses are very frequent. Both are in good (although not central) locations with shops and cafes nearby. There is no need to fret about your decision.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

I don't know either guest house so can't comment on their relative quality.

The Valentine is VERY handy for the King's Theatre (one minutes' walk), and there are loads of pubs and restaurants in the area, so you will have a good choice if you spend all day out, then want an evening meal near your B&B. And because very near the road Junction at the Kings, there are LOADS of buses to choose from, with a bus stop right outside, and other bus stops within 100m.

Ardleigh is within a few mins walk of Goldenacre where there are a few cafes and shops, and as you walk towards town you have the Entrance to the Royal Botanic Gardens, and beyond that you arrive at Canonmills which has pubs and nice cafe/bistros, and is becoming a bit trendy.

Please use google street view to compare their surroundings. Gilmore street is built up with properties all along, and Ardleigh is in an area with more open areas including playing fields [rugby at this time of year]

I would probably choose the Valentine for convenience. How do their reviews compare?

Edited: 15 October 2013, 13:35
Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

hi @john and hi @derek,

your informacion are very accurate and i m stay take note of all ur advice.

@derek, the compare of the review are very alike but i m favouritely surprice as regards at the review writed on Ardleigh and the owner's gentility.

It s for this cause, and also for the bus stopped in front of the guesthouse, that i think that i will choose it, and also because the zone appear very quiet in the night....

But i m not very sure of my finally choice!

Good evening at either, and i will elapse the after dinner at look up your handy and precious informacion.

Good evening at all

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi price for Ferry Road

good morning @ john and @ derek,

my final choice fell, also for reasons of price, on Valentine guesthouse:

tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g186525-d620921-…

also following your advice I think I will definitely more practical in arriving at the center and to be able to find places to dine.

thanks again for the time you have dedicated.

good day