We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere to eat near Edinburgh Zoo or on way from Glasgow?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere to eat near Edinburgh Zoo or on way from Glasgow?

We are planning a trip to Edinburgh Zoo this week but want to grab some lunch on the way. We are driving from Glasgow. Does anyone know where we could get lunch near to the zoo or somewhere we could stop on the way that won't take us too far off route?

Just looking for something casual but not burger king, frankie & bennys, macdonalds. I google mapped it and I know that there's Gyle shopping centre nearby but I didn't fancy any of the places in there. Don't mind nandos or pizza express.

Can anyone help?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere to eat near Edinburgh Zoo or on way from Glasgow?

The White Lady on St John's Road is a Wetherspoons Restaurant and its about 2 mins in the car from there straight along the road to the zoo.

There are Dominos Pizza and another pizza place on St Johns Road, but they are both takeaways.

On Glasgow Road ( on the right just before you get to PC worlds purple roof at Drumbrae roundabout) is Fabio's which is an Italian which does pizzas etc. A bit upmarket from Pizza Express etc but not too posh.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 19:59
Linlithgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere to eat near Edinburgh Zoo or on way from Glasgow?

Good Chinese just across the road from the Zoo....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186525-d2…

3. Re: Somewhere to eat near Edinburgh Zoo or on way from Glasgow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:19