We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rabbies tours

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rabbies tours

Hi everyone - my husband and I are coming to Scotland in January 2014 and intended taking bus, train etc to sightsee but are now looking at the Rabbies Tours, in particular The Isle of Skye 3 Day Tour. Any comments from those who have been on this would be appreciated or any other ideas of Tours, or a different company would be great. I was over your side of the world 35 years ago and loved the Isle of Skye and would love to take my husband there to experience it. We also love football - what are the chances of us getting tickets to some of the Scottish games? Thanks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rabbies tours

Regards the football, public sales are more to be expected nearer the match days, with tickets coming in anywhere between £10 and £35. The more fashionable the team the bigger the price. Check fixtures for scottish football on the BBC football website and make an enquiry directly to the club of choice. In my experience, if you write/email explaining you are travelling from afar, some of the clubs may look "after you" in some capacity. If you don't ask they can't say no ?!

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/fixtures

If you dig deeper you will find the extended fixtures for the rest of the season.

California
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rabbies tours

Rabbies gives you a great tour. I have only been on their day tours but based on my experiences during the last few years, I would highly recommend them. If you have any questions related to their tours or services, send them an email and they will respond with all sorts of help.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rabbies tours

The two that get mentions regularly on TA are Timberbush and Rabbies Tours. Have you searched TA for reviews? There are lots.

Iowa
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rabbies tours

My son went on the Rabbies tour last weekend. He is studying abroad and trying to see as much as he can. He signed up and went alone and returned from the trip with a whole van load of new friends. He has been on MANY group tours over the years and had many nice things to say about his tour and guide. Pretty good for a 19 year old!

Halifax, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Rabbies tours

Took the Skye tour late Sept.We enjoyed it very much.Booked the hotel rather than B-B,s ,were envied by others on tour because of beautiful location on harbour(awesome).Guide(murray) was very good knew lots of history.All in all well worth it. P.S.-Hotel was Rosedale in Portrie

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rabbies tours

January is not the best month to tour Scotland, it can snow and road can be closed. Also lots of tourist attractions will be closed and the hours of daylight are very limited, from around 9.00am until 3.30pm. Skye is lovely to look at, but not a lot to do in January unless you want to walk or climb in very cold snowy conditions..

California
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rabbies tours

I stayed at the Rosedale a few years ago. It was a lovely, quaint hotel. They also serve a lovely dinner and the view is great. I do though remember lots of steps leading up and down and around.

This would not be a destination for January with questionable weather and narrow roads.

And, as I stated, Rabbies runs great tours as does Timberbush. Used both for tours.

8. Re: Rabbies tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:17