We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a fun family restaurant in Edinburgh!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a fun family restaurant in Edinburgh!

Hello,

I have just had a new baby (27/10/13) and I have my Italian in-laws over helping me out.

We would all like to go out on Friday or Saturday night but we'd like to take our baby with us.

Being Italian I'd like to take them somewhere NON-Italian, any ideas??????

It is also just been my sister's 30th & my mum's 60th so we'd like to go somewhere fun & nice.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

The Table
££££, European, British, Scottish
Aizle
££££, European, British, Scottish
Forage & Chatter
££ - £££, European, British, Scottish
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
252 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a fun family restaurant in Edinburgh!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186525-d203…

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a fun family restaurant in Edinburgh!

Cafe Cassis, Scottish/French food. Child/family friendly, great relaxed atmosphere and best of all fantastic food at reasonable prices

Edited: 01 November 2013, 15:54
Mentioned in this post
Cassis
Cassis
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
The Scottish Cafe & Restaurant
The Scottish Cafe...
748 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a fun family restaurant in Edinburgh!

Hi

Congratulations!

Kismot is a fun, family run restaurant if you fancy Indian food.

I agree also that cafe cassis is a good idea. They will make you feel very welcome and are great with kids and infants.

Abs :)

Mentioned in this post
Kismot
Kismot
2,154 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Walsall
Level Contributor
52 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a fun family restaurant in Edinburgh!

www.cosmo-restaurants.co.uk/Edinburgh.php - is where myself my sister and 3 x 11 year olds went the other week when we visited Edinburgh. We didnt want anything too expensive and not too posh either as we were sightseeing. We prebooked and arrived with our table all ready on Wednesday 30th October. Excellent value for money. It was a buffet style, eat as much as you like. There is a wide variety of dishes, something for everyone, salads, sushi, seafood, chinese, indian, pizza, noodle cooking stations, ice creams, chocolate fountain and lots of deserts. Kids loved it, cost £7.00 for the children as they were under 150 cm and also the diet cokes etc were bottom less, so the kids just went up to the machine and refilled. Its not far from Waverley station on Princes Street end.

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
October
October
660 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Princes Street
Princes Street
1,579 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
5. Re: Looking for a fun family restaurant in Edinburgh!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 06:20