We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4D3N in edinburgh???

Singapore
Level Contributor
319 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4D3N in edinburgh???

Hi

We will be doing a trip of the United Kingdom next year and will be arriving Edinburgh from York

Day 1 York to Edinburgh

Day 2 Edinburgh

Day 3 ???

Day 4 Depart Edinburgh via flight at 1830

Was planning to visit the Scottish Highlands for a one day tour on Day 3 but after reading reviews, it seem pretty unadvisable as the travelling time is pretty long

Any other suggestions on what to do?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,620 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4D3N in edinburgh???

It all depends on time of year. You don't say when you're coming. It could be dark at 4.30 or 11.30. That makes a big difference to what you can see

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4D3N in edinburgh???

My sister in law did the Scottish highlands day trip in November last year with Rabbies Tours and had a wonderful time. Although its a long day, you get to see a lot. She said they even saw the Loch Ness monster!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4D3N in edinburgh???

to give you advice you need to let us know when you're planning the trip, if it's in the summer then Fife is a good day trip.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,419 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4D3N in edinburgh???

It's possible to have 2 weeks in Edinburgh and not see everything. I would think 1 day will only skim the surface of Edinburgh. Forget about a long bus journey to the Highlands just to tick the boxes as you rush by. Stay the three days in Edinburgh and enjoy all the possibilities it has to offer.

Edited: 28 November 2013, 11:59
Singapore
Level Contributor
319 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4D3N in edinburgh???

Hi! I will be going in may.

Pls advise. Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
319 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4D3N in edinburgh???

Hi! I will be going in may.

Pls advise. Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4D3N in edinburgh???

Hi

It's a 12 hour trip but you don't spend all of it on the bus: this is one of the companies offering this: rabbies.com/one_day_tours_scotland_ed.asp…

My niece and her friend did it when they stayed with us and yes, it was tiring but lots of stops. Food is not included - you can go to a cafe or have a picnic, up to yourself.

There are shorter day trips from Edinburgh and I went on this one with my dad once which we thoroughly enjoyed:

haggisadventures.com/scotland/whisky-explore…

Definitely worth doing, you only need to drive 1 hour North of Edinburgh to feel like you're in the wilderness :)

8. Re: 4D3N in edinburgh???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:17