We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining with a view

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
100 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Dining with a view

When I was originally researching for our trip to Scotland next year I remember posts of dining in restaurant/cafes that had nice views and believe the Haymarket area was mentioned and possibly the Scottish museum. Sometimes location makes the food taste so much better! Unfortunately I didn't save the post to my trip planner and would appreciate any pointers. Of course, I still want to have quality food and appreciate any advice.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining with a view

Do you mean the National Museum of Scotland? It has a cafe, but the best views are from it's rooftop garden.

If it's just a cafe with good views you want, try Cafe Nero in Waterstones on Princes Street.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining with a view

Forth Floor or the Tower Restaurant would be the obvious choice

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186525-i108-k27…

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,577 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining with a view

Harvey Nicks has a nice view. Also the restaurants in the Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre, where the Royal Yacht is, have wonderful views.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,315 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining with a view

This place is fairly new but has amazing views of the old town. http://www.twentyprincesstreet.co.uk/

Edinburgh (Scotland)
Level Contributor
223 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining with a view

The Outsider on George IV Bridge and when you book as for a table with a castle view.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining with a view

Definitely agree with Twenty Princes Street - excellent seating and decor, near Michelin Star quality food, great view of the Old Town and reasonable value for money. I've been three times since it opened and it has never disappointed. The only slight criticism I'd make is that menu doesn't change. But if you're only going to be there once, I guess that doesn't matter.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,661 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining with a view

The cafe in John Lewis has a good view over the Firth of Forth on a clear day. Or there's Chaophraya on Castle St which should have good views (I've not been since it used to Olorosso).

Australia
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining with a view

The restaurant at the Apex International on Grassmarket has a great view of the castle, but I haven't eaten there, so I'm not sure about the food.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,179 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining with a view

Prezzo opposite the Scotsman Hotel has a good view if you get a table in the back left hand area

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining with a view

And I also vote for Twenty Princes Street. Fabulous views, great food, great atmosphere.

I also like the Scottish Restaurant at the National Gallery, fabulous views of Princes Street Gardens, Scott Monument and North Bridge.