We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh Tattoo

Manchester
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh Tattoo

What is the best night for atmosphere to watch the Edburgh tattoo I am guessing either the 1st or last night but would welcome some feedback

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh Tattoo

Saturday's 10:30pm performance

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh Tattoo

Every performance is sold out, so I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. On Saturdays there are 2 performances and the earlier one starts when it's lighter outside, which could affect the atmosphere, but otherwise I'm not sure there's much in it.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
178 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh Tattoo

Hi I am interested too in getting some tickets but a bit confused about tickets about being sold out, as I have no problems getting some on line for most performances. None for the 10:30 on 1st or 8th but can get them for 10:30 on 16th. Other times and dates too - just a bit worried in case I am missing something!

Edited: 03 December 2013, 20:46
Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh Tattoo

No, what we mean is that by August , every performance will be packed out and there will be a great atmosphere. Usually the tickets are mostly sold out by the end of Jan/ early February, although there are always late releases of blocks which are returned by coach tour companies if they can't sell them - around May or June.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
178 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh Tattoo

Oh, I see, thank-you. I thought I was looking on a dodgy site for a minute!

6. Re: Edinburgh Tattoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:17