We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

Dublin
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations

Headin to edinburgh for 4 nights over Hogmanay. Left it a bit late but looking for suggestions for restaurants to book, especially for NYE. Lokking for somewhere reasonable with good atmosphere for a group of five?

Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Relatively central also!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,659 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

What sort of food do you like?

I enjoyed Cafe Truva on the Royal Mile. Turkish/British, menu online. It's just over the bridge from Princes Gardens and to the left. About 10mins. don't know if they open evenings but delicious, fresh filling food with handmade chocolates or whole counter of delicious deserts that I didn't have room for.

Mediterranian feel inside, a big selection at reasonable prices.

Edited: 27 December 2013, 22:13
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Hi. There are loads of places that fit your brief. What sort of cuisine? And what is reasonably priced to you?

Abs :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Open to all cuisines! Reasonable to me would be £5 for starter and £10-15 for mains.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations

I'd be surprised if you find anywhere for that price range on New Year's Eve! There's pubs which do food which would be your best option around that budget but they might all have functions on. I'd expect most places will have a set menu on for New Year's Eve. Maybe try somewhere like Ryan's bar or the Rutland.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Maybe some of the Wetherspoons Group of pubs might just be in your budget for NYE. Most good places have been well booked up for months unfortunatly.

Dublin
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations

So lucky and managed to get a reservation in Miros, thanks for you suggestions!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Miros Cantina? If you like Mexican, check out Tex Mex 2, on thistle st. It's great fun and great value. The frozen margaritas are legendary.

Abs :)

9. Re: Restaurant recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17