We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21st birthday 21st - 23rd February

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
21st birthday 21st - 23rd February

Hi, just looking for some advice re places to go out on a saturday night. We are 5 girls from Newcastle travelling up from Friday 21st until Sunday 23rd of Feb and will be staying in a flat just off Easter Road.

I know Edinburgh fairly well and should be fine getting around during the day, however, i'm open to any suggestions for something during the day, but am looking for advice on:

-Some nice wine/cocktail bars, we like to go out and dance but want to avoid any packed, sweaty, clubs, somewhere lively but quite trendy would be nice. (any info on which areas to head for would be good)

-Anywhere we'd be able to get a nice meal near London Rd on a Friday night, probably around 9pm or slightly later.

Thanks in advance

Lauren

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,950 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 21st birthday 21st - 23rd February

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186525-…

Have eaten in the above and enjoyed it immensley - would be happy to return! (And it's in London Road)

Just across the road is Pomegranate which was also very good - its BYOB which is a big plus for me! There are a couple of wine shops nearby to buy your drinks.

http://pomegranatesrestaurant.com/

In Easter Road itself is Rivage which I have been to and enjoyed a couple of times. There are often large groups so there's plenty of space for your gang

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186525-…

Woody x

Edited: 06 January 2014, 16:04
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 21st birthday 21st - 23rd February

I would head to George street and start with drinks in the Dome, then go on to one of the clubs nearby.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 21st birthday 21st - 23rd February

The Dome is a good option but is quite pricey. I recommend Candy Bar on George St for cocktails, can usually be quite busy but never really rammed. Plus they usually do loads of offers there. There's also Dragonfly but that is a bit pricier than Candy Bar and is at the Grassmarket end.

For clubs I'd definitely recommend Lulus on George St. I've always had a good time there, it's a nice venue and the drinks are alright priced (about £3 for a vodka mixer). I recommend it on the Friday or Sunday night, however the Sunday is usually quite busy and a bit more expensive than their other nights.

You could also try Shanghai (also on George St) on the Saturday night.

Hope this helps :)

4. Re: 21st birthday 21st - 23rd February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:18