We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Lounge in Rose Street

Catterick, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Lounge in Rose Street

Right up until the first few days of Jan 14 this restaurant had lots of (mainly very negative) reviews. Now they have all vanished - including my own review! The restaurant still continues to appear, but no reviews as yet. Anyone any ideas why the reviews have all disappeared?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Lounge in Rose Street

I may be wrong on this, but I think if an establishment has had a complete refurb they are allowed to purge all previous reviews and start from scratch. I guess potentially this is the case if it comes under new ownership also?

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Lounge in Rose Street

If a restaurant has a complete change of ownership, they can ask TA to pull old reviews.

Catterick, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Lounge in Rose Street

Thanks guys - that makes sense. Although I can certainly see the potential for a poorly reviewed restaurant to create a fresh start for itself. I notice too that when TA removes all the reviews, your own review total goes down. I wonder if it would be possible just to review restaurants about to change hands and end up with a review total in negative numbers? There's a challenge for someone!

No matter - I won't return to the Indian Lounge ever again. Never.

4. Re: Indian Lounge in Rose Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 06:19