We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Trains to Stirling Sell Out

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
204 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Do Trains to Stirling Sell Out

My sister and I have decided to take the train from Edinburgh to Stirling in early-June. Do the trains sell out? Should we purchase tickets in advance? I am not sure what time of the morning we want to leave -- any suggestions?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Trains to Stirling Sell Out

No - these trains never sell out. There are no reservations - you just turn up and buy a ticket. The only reason for buying in advance is convenience

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Trains to Stirling Sell Out

Hi there, just picked up on your message. The train service from Edinburgh to Stirling is very frequent and there is no need to pre purchase tickets before you get to the station. Have a lovely visit.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,048 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do Trains to Stirling Sell Out

Edit - others got there before me!

Edited: 18 March 2014, 18:55
Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do Trains to Stirling Sell Out

No,these are local commuter trains,just purchase tickets at the station.

Off peak fares often apply after 9.15 or 9.30 in the morning.

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
204 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do Trains to Stirling Sell Out

Ok. Thank you so much. Hopefully I don't bother this forum with too many silly questions. I am getting so excited about visiting your country.

6. Re: Do Trains to Stirling Sell Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:17