We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking weekdays in Edinburgh.

Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Parking weekdays in Edinburgh.

We arrive in Edinburgh Friday evening and are staying in the Crowne Plaza on Royal Terrace. I understand that parking on street is free over the weekend but we are staying until Tuesday morning 8th April so need cheap or free parking as close as possible. How far a walk is B&Q from there or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking weekdays in Edinburgh.

There *was* a B&Q half way down Easter Road, now closed. So B&Q isn't really an option.

If you look at this map: edinburgh.gov.uk/info/…7 you will find you're pretty much on the East side of the restricted area, and if you go further east to Abbeyhill or down towards Marionville or Meadowbank you'll be able to park. Totally without restriction? There will still be some restriction on where/when but at least you're outwith the area where long term parking is nigh impossible!

There are lots of buses will take you back to London Road.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking weekdays in Edinburgh.

If the B&Q you're talking about is on Easter Road then it is closed so not sure on parking around there. It is about a 10-15min walk.

Parking is an expensive hobby in Edinburgh, I don't know anywhere that's cheap or free through weekday daytime close to you.

There is free parking around Leith Links, around 25mins walk from you or you could catch a bus for £1.50.

Cheers

Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking weekdays in Edinburgh.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide parking info. We look forward to exploring the east side!

Regards!

Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking weekdays in Edinburgh.

Thank you for your trouble and time in answering my query. Will explore the map too!

Regards

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking weekdays in Edinburgh.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186525-i108-k73…

See Answer 6, same answer applies to you, as you are looking for parking in a similar area.

6. Re: Parking weekdays in Edinburgh.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:16