We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Direction Concert at Murrayfield on Tues 3 June

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
One Direction Concert at Murrayfield on Tues 3 June

I am taking my daughter and her pal to this concert - we stay in Ayrshire - what is the best travel plans to make??

Train, Parking (if so where to park)?

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
10,770 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Direction Concert at Murrayfield on Tues 3 June

What are the start / finish times?

I was going to suggest Ingliston park & ride if you're coming from the west but the buses back might not run late enough. Also worth bearing in mind that often when there's big events on they close the A8 to traffic and divert the buses round the block to avoid the crowds coming out of Murrayfield. I'm not sure about concerts but it's usually closed when we come out of the rugby.

Train to Haymarket then it's not too far to walk down to Murrayfield but again times of last train may affect that decision.

If you're parking on the street then I'd suggest you aim for somewhere to the south west of the ground to give yourselves the clearest route out. Watch out for residents permit parking zones but it looks like you might be ok around Murrayfield: https:/…2

There's also Fountain Park cinema & leisure complex within walking distance which has a carpark and is open 24hrs. http://www.fountainpark.co.uk/visitor-info/

oh, and the trams should be running by June.....I'll believe it when I see it and I'd expect them to be busy coming away from Murrayfield.

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
557 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Direction Concert at Murrayfield on Tues 3 June

I believe the concert starts at 1700 hrs so presumably it finishes at a reasonable time, a park and ride should be ok and Ingliston P&R closes at midnight.

edinburgh.gov.uk/info/…park_and_ride

If you decide the train is easier then Haymarket station is your best bet and Murrayfield is approximately 20 mins walk from Haymarket Station but with crowds everything will take longer.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Direction Concert at Murrayfield on Tues 3 June

If you want to drive there are plenty, plenty on street parking options a 15-20 minute walk from Murrayfield. For some of them you might have to pay up until 5.30pm, but that won't break the bank. The trick is to avoid the obvious A8, and instead head along the A71. You could get lucky in the side streets along Gorgie Road, or head up to Polwarth and the streets off Dundee Street. It's an easy walk down through Murieston or McLeod Street to Murrayfield.

Alternatives include:

Train to Edinburgh park, transfer onto tram straight to Murrayfield

Train to Haymarket, as above with a double back and probably a more crowded tram

Park and ride from Riccarton or Ingliston

Park up in one of the industrial estates on the edge of town - somewhere like South Gyle Crescent - and jump on a number 22 bus to Murrayfield.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Direction Concert at Murrayfield on Tues 3 June

The part of Gorgie Road nearer the centre of town (or the roads leading off it) is often jam-packed wth cars - lots of people heading to local shops during the day, restaurants in the evenings - and lots commuters home from owrk in the evening. SO get your bearings on a map and stay further from rather than nearer to the centre of town.

Locals can often find spaces because they know hidden little corners. As a visitor I'd recommend you avoid the hassle of driving round back roads looking for spaces.

If you drive past Maplin you've gone too far :-)

5. Re: One Direction Concert at Murrayfield on Tues 3 June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:15