We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt car rental at EDI - a positive for a change

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,769 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt car rental at EDI - a positive for a change

Was back home last week and treated myself to a nice BMW 520 from Sixt. They have fast check if you enter all your details online so getting the car was really easy. The nice young lady even took me out to find the car. Normally the other companies just hand you the keys. I once had to dig a car out of the snow before I could leave.

Car was great, clean and fairly new and fully loaded. Was expecting a Mercedes E-class but no worries.

Dropped the car off without issue. However I noticed the other day that they had charged £22 to my CC. Wrote to customer services and they told me that this was for fuel. However I had filled the car up at Newbridge so had queried this. They had contacted the branch who admitted their mistake and would refund me the £22.

So OK they made a mistake but it's good customer service to have it sorted within two days. Good on you Sixt.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
10,237 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt car rental at EDI - a positive for a change

I had a similar with Avis - returned hire car at Gatwick and filled it with petrol at the garage literally next door to the car park entrance then they charged me for fuel. I had the petrol receipt as I'd used it for work expenses, one phone call and they refunded it with no argument or me having to send the receipt as proof. I love it when it works out like that :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt car rental at EDI - a positive for a change

Good to hear that they backtracked so quickly. However, it makes one wonder if this isn't a regular practice, and some people probably don't challenge an extra charge.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,769 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt car rental at EDI - a positive for a change

To be honest I rent cars regularly from all the major suppliers and have used Sixt before and this is the first time.

So I think on this occasion it was a genuine mistake.

4. Re: Sixt car rental at EDI - a positive for a change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:15