We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code in Edinburgh

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code in Edinburgh

Hello I am off to Edingburgh and want to know what the dress code is like on a Fri/Sat night, I was going to take a dress and heels but don't know if I would look out of place??

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,353 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code in Edinburgh

Hi Kath, you need to ask in the Edinburgh forum - this is the Trip Advisor suport forum for general TA support questions.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186525-i108-Edi…

Mentioned in this post
The Edinburgh Lodge
The Edinburgh Lodge
239 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code in Edinburgh

Hi Kath196911,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Edinburgh Forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Mentioned in this post
The Edinburgh Lodge
The Edinburgh Lodge
239 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code in Edinburgh

Ahh you got here eventually Kath :)

Dress and heels would be fine for Geoerge Street as an example. Probably not what you would want to wear down the Grassmarket or Cowgate (many cobbles and a more casual crowd)

Mentioned in this post
Grassmarket
Grassmarket
1,605 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code in Edinburgh

You will be OK anywhere in heels and a dress. The town tends to be split into the George Street area and The Grassmakrket / Cowgate area. Obviously there are lots of other areas too.

The George Street area is a little more upmarket and doesn't normally allow groups of hens and stags wearing the usual fairy wings and fancy dress. The Grassmarket is more informal and almost anything goes.

I wouldn't say you would look out of place anywhere in Edinburgh no matter how you are dressed.

Mentioned in this post
Grassmarket
Grassmarket
1,605 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code in Edinburgh

Hi. Assuming you mean cocktail/summer dress and not a ball gown, you will not be out of place anywhere in Edinburgh. That's the standard dress code for most young women in bars/clubs in Edinburgh. Enjoy!

Abs :)

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
6. Re: Dress Code in Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 07:16