We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel to stay if in Edinburgh for Graduatiion and an ex

Port Harcourt...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Hotel to stay if in Edinburgh for Graduatiion and an ex

I plan to be in Edinburgh to attend my graduation in June at Riccarton Campus. I plan to spend an extra day touring Edinburgh. Please suggest a mid-budget but nice hotel or B&B where I can stay and still have access to nice tourist sites.

Thank you

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel to stay if in Edinburgh for Graduatiion and an ex

Riccarton campus is some way out of the city so I would suggest you select a B&B in the Corstorphine area which is located between the campus and the city. It would be about a 15 minute taxi ride for your graduation, but is on regular bus routes in to the city centre for your sightseeing. tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186525-zfn13239-Ed…

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel to stay if in Edinburgh for Graduatiion and an ex

Have a look at Premier Inn (Princes Street), you don't get much more central than that. premierinn.com/en/hotel/EDIPRI/edinburgh-cit…

To get to Heriot Watt you would cross to the other side of the street and get the Lothian Bus X25 which will take you to the campus. As the name suggests it is a limited stop express service.

http://lothianbuses.com/services/day-buses

Edited: 07 April 2014, 12:36
edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel to stay if in Edinburgh for Graduatiion and an ex

The number 25 and 45 Lothian buses travel out to Riccarton Campus. The 25 travels along Princes Street whilst the 45 travels North and South Bridge and Chamber Street so any accommodation suitable to you in the Leith Street, Princes Street Grassmarket areas would enable you to use these buses and still let you explore / walk around the City Centre.

Port Harcourt...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel to stay if in Edinburgh for Graduatiion and an ex

Thank you all for your responses, I will explore all the options listed.

5. Re: Best Hotel to stay if in Edinburgh for Graduatiion and an ex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 05:16