We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotland Tour

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Scotland Tour

I and my wife both in late 50.s from India will be staying with relations in Manchester UK from 19th May for a month. We would like to make a short trip to Scotland for around 3-4 days. Need help to plan my trip, such as sight seeing, reasonable good hotels, availability of Indian food and means of travel. Moderate budget. Any suggestions

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
914 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotland Tour

It all depends on where in Scotland you want to visit - do you want to stay in a city, town, village, countryside, island, coast, mountains, as Scotland has all this to offer!

Also, you have a great choice of how to get there and get around, so you need to decide whether to go on an organised coach tour such as Shearings or travel by train, bus, flight or hire a car and book accommodation separately. For flights and trains you need to book in advance for the best fares or you can get cheap tickets on Megabus.

Again with accommodation you can choose anything from a castle to a tent. You say moderate budget, but it would be helpful if you gave an idea in UK pounds how much you want to spend, as some areas in Scotland are a lot more expensive than others.

Once you narrow down where and what you want to see I'm sure you'll get more detailed replies.

As for Indian food, you will have no problem in finding this in many areas in Scotland.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotland Tour

Take a look at - http://www.visitscotland.com for ideas and an overall picture of Athens areas.

3. Re: Scotland Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16