We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Topic
New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

Does anyone know where the location of the new No.1 (Aspire) Lounge is going to be located in the aiport? Don't want to book if it is going to be miles from the gates.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

depends what gates you are departing from,but with all the work going on in Edinburgh it might be near the serviceair place,when I was in the airport a couple of months ago I noticed the small Wetherspoons bar on the way to gates 1-6 had been closed and I am wondering if it will be in this area.

Scotland
Level Contributor
416 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

That would be okay - although there is nothing at the other end so was wondering. We are flying Jet2 and not sure which gates they usually fly from - although there are no guarantees with that obviously.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,338 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

Judging by the map, it looks as if it is in the old Scot Airways lounge opposite Gate 3. Come through security and turn left, past the closed Wetherspoons, carry on along the corridor then it is on your left just past the toilets.

Where is your Jet2 flight heading for? I think most of them tend to depart from the other end of the airport in the 'new' extension past Gate 12

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

If you are heading to Prague it is usually gate 3 but not always.(I fly that route often)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

When I passed the Serviceair lounge the other week the main part had been closed for renovation. The Aspire "lounge" was around the corner as described by DiCanio but it was basically a roped off area next to Costa Coffee so hardly exclusive.

I presume they will move it back into the Serviceair lounge when renovations are completed and rename it the Aspire lounge. Best thing to be certain is to e-mail the airport I guess.

Scotland
Level Contributor
416 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

Heading to Verona - new flight so will check out once it starts the gate it uses the most - thanks for replies. Noticed the cordoned off area marked as Aspire - but they are still showing offers for Servisair at the same time. Want to get time to relax -

Willoughby, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

That was just the outside bit (I thought the same as you at first), but there is a door tucked away to the left for you to enter the lounge (which is a bit of a work in progress when I was there yesterday).

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
587 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

I don't know if you tried the no.1 lounge but if I was you I wouldn't. We tried it a few weeks ago and did not enjoy the experience, it was like a hospital or school canteen with plastic chairs!! Aspire lounge much better.

Perth
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

Dear unclegus - Our fam will be flying from Edinburgh to Pargue with easyJet in Jan, early in the morning. How soon should we turn up at the airport, provided we already do web check-in and have bags to check-in ? (can't seem to find any info on their website)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
10,917 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Airport Lounge - Edinburgh Airport

How early in the morning do you call early and on what day of the week? Before 7am on a Monday the airport is very busy with business travelers and similar at the same time on other days but slightly less so. You need to check what time they close bag drop for the easyjet flight and work from there. Easyjet usually call flights that are closing to the front of the queue so you don't miss them but it doesn't go down particularly well with fellow passengers who've been waiting their turn in line so allow plenty of time. I've not used easyjet early morning for a while but usually allow about 90minutes before departure time.