We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shortest route up arthurs seat

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
shortest route up arthurs seat

We're in Edinburgh for the next 2 days and I'm hoping to get up really early tomorrow and hike up arthurs seat and back before breakfast so I don't interrupt the rest of the day sight setting with the family. Which car park will give me the quickest route to the top? Don't want to miss out on seeing the top. It sounds lovely.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shortest route up arthurs seat

Take a look at historic-scotland.gov.uk/index/… for details. Great views and bracing walk. Let us know how it goes!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shortest route up arthurs seat

The car park beside Dunsapie Loch. You can drive half way up, park your car beside Dunsapie Loch and walk up the rest.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,415 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shortest route up arthurs seat

Does this win the prize for "thread title of the day"?

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
655 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shortest route up arthurs seat

Essex, thanks for pointing that out! I am still laughing as I type!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shortest route up arthurs seat

Ha love it! I will be giggling all the way to the top now. Thanks for advice on that car park. Just what I needed!

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shortest route up arthurs seat

It is also the easy way up from Dunsapie. Once at the top you can watch all the poor souls coming strait up from Holyrood struggling with the steep climb.

7. Re: shortest route up arthurs seat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16