We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Edinburgh in first wk of July

Fremont, California
3 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Edinburgh in first wk of July

Hi All,

Can any one please suggest me top must visit places in Edinburgh to cover in three days? I also want to explore the natural beauty of scotland which i have always read.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Edinburgh in first wk of July

Hi.

Everyone has different must sees and preferences.

Mine would be:

Castle, Royal mile, Arthur's Seat, Museum of Scotland, Window Shopping on George St, Mary King's Close.

There is LOADS more, depending on your interests. You will quickly fill your 3 days in Edinburgh.

How long do you have to see the countryside? You'll need a few days to see the Highlands.

Abs :)

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Edinburgh in first wk of July

Castle, walk the Royal Mile to Holyrood and pop into all the Free city museums and churches on route and Gladstone's Land. Arthurs Seat, climb to top and admire a big part of centre Scotland countryside. Roslynn Chaple, Georgian House

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Edinburgh in first wk of July

See visitscotland.com/destinations-maps/…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Edinburgh in first wk of July

The view from Calton Hill, the Botanic Gardens, lunch in Leith, the Royal Yacht, Lunch in the shade of the Forth Rail Bridge.

5. Re: Visiting Edinburgh in first wk of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16