We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ho Ho Bus Tours

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
535 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Ho Ho Bus Tours

If I purchase my HOHO bus tour tickets online and print them out at home can I just show the printout to the first bus driver that comes along to board or do I still have to go to the Waverly Bridge area to convert my printout to a proper pass/ticket? Our hotel (Sheraton) is a mile from the Waverly bridge so we'll have to walk a bit just to catch the HOHO if the latter is necessary.....

I have tried to find an answer to this question but haven't found an answer....

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
535 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

After posting, I found the answer to at least a part of my own question. We DO have to go to the Waverly Bridge to exchange our printouts for tickets. Looks like we may have to go separately to Hanover Street to get our tour tickets. I hope the latter is not true. Any insights here? Please help.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
227 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

Noticed that tours have moved to Saint Andrews Square not Waverley

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
535 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

Great. That's even further from our hotel (Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa). I think we'll just try to hop the first bus we see and try to buy our tickets from the driver. I wonder if they take credit cards or only cash?

Edited: 03 May 2014, 01:47
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

Perhaps Concierge at your Hotel and can organise your bys tickets for you?.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
535 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

I called our hotel and asked..They said they could buy tickets forus, but that we could just buy our tickets from the bus driver the first time we "Hop on". I hope the bus drivers can do that....I am a bit surprised they would do that, though, since the transaction would seem to hold up the bus for all of the other passengers.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,769 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

I have never known a HOHO bus tour where you can't buy tickets on the bus. Not sure they would take CC's but it's not a lot of money.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
50,807 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

Indeed, Ronaldo, we have purchased from the driver in several cities, including Edinburgh! I never buy them in advance in case we change our minds, or want to do something else on the day instead!

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
535 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

Sounds smart. Thanks.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

I have definitely seen folk buying them on boarding the bus at the stop at the bottom of Lothian Road - which, coincidentally, is the nearest stop to your hotel.

Harwich, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ho Ho Bus Tours

Yes you can definately buy from the driver when you Hop on for the first time. As far as i'm aware its cash only...