We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need suggestions for 2 nights in Edinburgh

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
need suggestions for 2 nights in Edinburgh

We will be driving down from Inverness to edinburgh on june 25. So I have this half day, full day of june 26 and till evening of june 27 as we have train to london at 18.30 pm

need suggestions on what to do. I will have car till june 26 afternoon. Is hoho bus tour doable in half day?

thanks

Sanket

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need suggestions for 2 nights in Edinburgh

Where are you staying? The car could be more of a hindrance than a help in Edinburgh, I'd drop it off on the way into town if I were you.

Why are you coming to edinburgh if you don't know what to do? There must something that's made you want to visit?? Read back through this board and do some research then ask more specific questions or you'll get replies that will fill 2 weeks not 2 days! Also what are your interests - there's no point us recommending castles and museums if you hate that kind of thing or walking up Arthur's seat if you've got limited mobility.

There's been a couple of message threads this week with people suggesting more detailed itineraries for a couple of days, look at those for ideas.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need suggestions for 2 nights in Edinburgh

tripadvisor.co.uk/Guide-g186525-l41-Edinburg…

Try this for starters!

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,359 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need suggestions for 2 nights in Edinburgh

As suggested a car in Edinburgh is a hindrance no matter where you are staying and in the centre unless you have parking an expensive extra. Take a HoHo as a start which will you an overview of the city. Follow this up with a walking tour from the Castle to the Palace down the Royal Mile which if you take in the various museums and places of interest will take at least a full day if not two. This will give you a very small taster of Edinburgh, but probably enough to tempt you back for many more visits

mumbai
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need suggestions for 2 nights in Edinburgh

Hi, we will be interested in touristy places (not museums). Agree on dropping the car and will defintely do that. We are on a uk tour and have done london 5 days and 4 days in highlands and taking a 2 day stop at Edinburgh before we fly back to India. So pls asvice on these 2 days. One of the days will do hoho hus tour. Is Edinburgh castle doable by public transport?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need suggestions for 2 nights in Edinburgh

Yes, the castle is 5minutes walk (uphill!) from princes street which most bus routes go down. Some buses will get you closer depending on where you're coming from. Www.lothianbuses.com

Read the link I posted, it's got a suggested 3 day itinerary for Edinburgh.

6. Re: need suggestions for 2 nights in Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:15