We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from airport to royal mile area

North Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from airport to royal mile area

My family and I will be arriving in Scotland next month. We are renting a car and staying in a self catering cottage in Aviemore, but we would like to visit Edinburgh on the day we arrive. We are renting a car at the airport and will have our luggage. Should we pick up the car, park it at the airport, and then take a bus to the royal mile or is there a place closer to the city that is safe to drive and park? Or would it be cheaper to take a taxi to the city, since we are a family of 7? Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!

Edited: 13 May 2014, 19:39
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling from airport to royal mile area

The 35 takes about 40 to 45 mins to get to the royal mile depending on traffic , I normally get this bus from the airport to the end of Easter road, on a quiet time it's can take the 45 to get to the city centre, but iv been on it before where it took me 65 to 70 mins to get to the city centre !!!!

12. Re: Traveling from airport to royal mile area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21