We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex International vs Apex Waterloo Place - which is better?

London, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Apex International vs Apex Waterloo Place - which is better?

Hi

Has anyone stayed at both Apex International and Apex Waterloo Place please?

We can get a deal which is roughly the same price for each, so are wondering which is nicer and quieter. We'd also love to hear about room size and location.

Thanks very much in advance for your advice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,794 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apex International vs Apex Waterloo Place - which is better?

You might be best to look on the TA hotel reviews, a lot of people who advise on this forum are locals and hence unlikely to stay in hotels. The international is on the grass market which is a big area for nights out, stag and hen do type groups so I'd read the reviews carefully to see if anyone complains of rooms at the front being noisy. In terms of proximity to main tourist sites there isn't really much between them.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apex International vs Apex Waterloo Place - which is better?

I think the Waterloo Place is a newer hotel; it's certainly a quieter location.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apex International vs Apex Waterloo Place - which is better?

Both are very pleasant, Waterloo Place is generally quieter, though I wasn't disturbed by stags, hens, or any general rowdiness at the International - perhaps due to visiting during weekdays rather than the weekend. On balance, and especially if you are arriving by bus or train, I'd go for Waterloo Place.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apex International vs Apex Waterloo Place - which is better?

I've stayed at Waterloo Place and have visited the International. Having reviewed both in the past I can vouch that Waterloo Place is the nicer hotel. The service was excellent and they have a nice pool and spa area. The room we had was a good size, very clean and comfortable. Both hotels are easy walking distance for tourist sites and restaurants. The international may be better for more options but as mentioned it is in the grassmarket which is a popular pub going area. Also if you'd be travelling by bus the bus options nearby Waterloo Place are a lot better than at the International.

London, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apex International vs Apex Waterloo Place - which is better?

Thanks very much for the responses, seems like Waterloo Place is the right one for us. Much appreciated!

6. Re: Apex International vs Apex Waterloo Place - which is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16