We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Commonwealth Games

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Commonwealth Games

I seen recently the diving will be held in the commonwealth pool in edinburgh ! Just wonder about tickets for this ... Will it be like the Olympics in London where tickets for some events were available on the day !!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
10,237 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Commonwealth Games

In a word no! Tickets went to ballot a long time ago then any which were left were on general sale. On Monday an extra 100,000 tickets were released now that "seating plans have been finalized" and some people managed to successfully purchase tickets but the majority of people spent the day watching the website count down to let them in for up to 12hours. On Tuesday the organisers took it offline until it was fixed and it remains that way still. However, there was a message on the countdown page and diving, swimming, track cycling and mountain biking were definitely listed as being already fully sold out. I know there was no diving left as one of my colleagues managed to get through and that's what he really wanted but there was nothing.

Other sports I'm not sure if there will be any available on the day or if they will all go once/if they get the website fixed. I guess there's no way of knowing but there hasn't been any mention of any being reserved for last minute sales, I think this will be it.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Commonwealth Games

There weren't any tickets for the Olympics available "on the day". They all had to be pe-booked.

3. Re: Commonwealth Games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17