We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibis or Travelodge Central?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ibis or Travelodge Central?

Planning to be there early October and take a couple of Rabbie's tours from Edinburgh. Based on reviews here think location of these two are OK for that in terms of arrival days and between tours days and they fit my budget. Likely will include a weekend and wondering if any thoughts about best choice in terms of noise level and centrality in terms of exploring Edinburgh a bit?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibis or Travelodge Central?

Personally I would go with the IBIS (I fell out with Travelodge in general a couple of years ago after a particularly bad experience!). The IBIS is slightly closer to all the action and the Travelodge I think is opposite a homeless hostel or drop in centre of some sort, I've often seen homeless looking people hanging around on the corner drinking across the road which would put me off. Sure it's perfectly safe. There's a pub across the square from the IBIS but I don't think it would be too noisy.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,760 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibis or Travelodge Central?

Hi. I've never stayed at that Ibis. It is slightly more central, like 2 minutes walk closer to the castle compared to Travelodge.

The Central Travelodge is huge. I stayed there for 6 days in Feb and was very happy. It was very quiet up on the 3rd floor, and most of the hotel is on St Marys St (not Cowgate, where the homeless support centre is).

Abs :)

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibis or Travelodge Central?

Thanks. Since Edinburgh stay will be 3 separate ones I can change if not happy with whichever one I choose for first stay. Not sure which one I'll go with yet.

4. Re: Ibis or Travelodge Central?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:15