We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks Concert on 2014-08-31

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks Concert on 2014-08-31

Hi all,

I plan to see the fireworks concert later this summer. I'm considering whether or not I should buy (priority?) standing room tickets in the Princes Street Garden. Question is, how crowded will the gardens be? Would I have to crane my neck to see (this is sometimes an issue since I'm only 1.6m)? And should I bother to get the priority tickets?

Alternatively, will other viewing areas (such as Calton Hill) be better?

Thanks,

Kim

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks Concert on 2014-08-31

Princes st will be packed in the free standing area, especially directly opposite the castle but I think that's part of the fun and atmosphere!

I've watched it from Inverleith park once which faces the castle from the north side of town and the concert was broadcast on speakers but last time we planned to that it was cancelled due to rain and mud!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks Concert on 2014-08-31

Take a radio with you. The music is broadcast on a local radio station.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks Concert on 2014-08-31

There's a seating area which will probably have sold out shortly after bookings opened. There's a standing area in the gardens, and some people will stand on Princes Street, which will cost nothing. Don't stand in front of a tram.

4. Re: Fireworks Concert on 2014-08-31

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 21:41
5. Re: Fireworks Concert on 2014-08-31

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:17