We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you members!

Maine
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you members!

I went to Edinburgh in November and did not properly thank everyone on the forum for all the help. I really would not have had such a successful trip if I didn't get all the advice I did from here. I will be returning to Scotland for sure and hopefully will be able to take a day trip back to do the Whiskey Tour and Mary's close (two things I missed). Beautiful city and unique too. My only complaint was the nightlife, I don't know why, but I couldn't get into a club if my life depended on it. The bouncers weren't too friendly either? I don't know what gives? I didn't have this problem in any other city except here. Luckily, I did Manchester and Glasgow before to get my party bugs out. Edinburgh is just a beautiful place to slow down and take everything in. Princess park was beautiful. I took so many beautiful photos. I think everyone needs a visit.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you members!

I was going to comment on all going well, but I saw you lost your wallet in Manchester - that must have been stressful and a pain when making subsequent arrangements.

Anyway I'm glad the Scottish part of your trip was uneventful, no that's the wrong word!, and you'll get lots of help from the forums when you plan your next visit.

Haste ye back!

Edited: 17 July 2014, 23:05
Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,254 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you members!

I cannot understand why you did not get into clubs. I know sometimes clubs prefer to let in groups of woman.

There is sometimes a dress code, so no jeans and no trainers (sneakers).

Come back and do a Distillery visit, but just pick one Distillery to try the Scottish Whisky as when you see one Distillery you have seen them all.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 08:10
3. Re: Thank you members!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:17