We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment on the park

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment on the park

Trying to get a one night last minute apartment rental for six in mid August. Does anyone about Apartment on the Park near Holyrood. They are 'luxury' and seem so affordable for August.

Loch Ness, Highlands, Glencoe...
2,036 Reviews
from US$65.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Isle of Skye and Scottish Highlands...
506 Reviews
from US$346.40*
Highlands' Isle of Skye, Hogwarts...
170 Reviews
from US$583.00*
Special Offer
3-Day Isle of Skye and Highlands Tour...
108 Reviews
from US$288.60*
US$320.70
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,757 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment on the park

have you got a link to it? but Edinburgh , luxury ,august and affordable would set alarm bells for me.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,757 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment on the park

also apartments with one night rentals are very unusual

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,080 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment on the park

This seems to be just one apartment and not a company. The apartment is being advertised by a number of rental companies.

https:/…

It would seem strange for an apartment to give a one day rental, this is quite unusual.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment on the park

Agree totally with the above sentiments, but you may well be faced with "Hobson's choice" as there are unlikely to many alternatives for a 1 night stay. As long as you are realistic and realise that luxury can mean different things to different folks!

The apartment linked to above looks fine but if it was me, I would be keen to speak to an owner or management company to satisfy myself that it is legitimate.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,282 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment on the park

'The Park' apartments at the foot of Holyrood road are in the luxury category complete with doorman, But affordable in August? could be a scam using an upmarket address, I would be very wary of parting with money prior to arrival

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment on the park

The images are not of Holyrood Road though, the location given is Spring Gardens. Google Maps shows it being in the new block when Elsie Inglis used to be. Of course it is easy to fake that though.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,282 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment on the park

If it is where Alan is suggesting you have the 'Luxury' of being beside the main east coast railway line which even during the night can be very noisy, I remember it well when I used to live there.

8. Re: Apartment on the park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:16