We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh ghost tours

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Edinburgh ghost tours

I'm interested in doing one or two ghost tours while I'm in Edinburgh next week but would like some advice on which company seems to run the best tour. Everything I've found on line is very conflicting. Any recommendations on who has the best tour?

Real Mary King's Close

Auld Reekie tours

Mercat tours

City of the Dead

Another group you've heard of?

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh ghost tours

Sorry can't recommend any as the only one I have personal experience of is Mercat Tours. I was very happy with their tour which included the vaults but it was around 3 years ago.

Other options - Ghost Bus tour - it seems to get mixed reviews but I do see it driving around. I also think they may negotiate on the price especially if not in high season. We had some visitors staying with us and my wife spoke to them and they talked about cheaper tickets for 4 of us but in the end we never booked.

Another company who seem to get consistent good reviews on here is Cadies & Witchery tours.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh ghost tours

Mary Kings Close is not really a ghost your. It's real and definitely worth a visit.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,019 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh ghost tours

I did the "Doomed, Dead & Buried" tour with Mercat last year, and I enjoyed it. They took us down into the Blair Street Underground Vaults, and into the Canonggate graveyard, where the tour finished: mercattours.com/doomed-dead-and-buried.asp

I also did Mary King's Close, but that wasn't really a ghost tour. For that I booked the "Gold Experience" where you get two tours: the normal one underground, and a second (after a break) around the Royal Mile: realmarykingsclose.com/special-tours/MaryKin…

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh ghost tours

You can also have a look at the Cadies and Witchery Tour which walks around Edinburgh Castle tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186525-…

5. Re: Edinburgh ghost tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:17