We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 5 days in Edinburgh

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 5 days in Edinburgh

Typing on a smart phone, will expand later.

Motel One Market St. Brilliant location, extremely pleased

Fringe- saw La Clique and Fascinating Aida, both worth the money

Tattoo- fabulous, could have spent a little less and still enjoyed

Rabbies , highly recommend west highland castle and loch tour if you don't have a car, great to see something outside of the city

Stirling Castle, my only regret of the trip was that I didn't budget more time to see the town and that I didn't stop at linlithgow on the way back, would have saved a bit of money on train tickets

Craigmillar castle, very easy to get to from town by bus, would recommend the 33 bus and taking the walk through the field, fantastic view at the top of the hill

Overall a fabulous trip, already plotting how I can get back and see more when I get back home ill expand on a few things, typing on a smart phone drives me crazy!

Blackness Castle
Historic Sites, Castles
Craigmillar Castle
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Castles
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 5 days in Edinburgh

I was at Stirling Castle yesterday on a trip from Edinburgh, and also kicked myself for not hopping off at Linlithgow on the way back.

Glad you had a good time.

2. Re: Trip report 5 days in Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:16