We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

Hello again!!

I am not even sure if I spell it correctly but someone told

me about this place???

Four or Forth Bridges....

He said it is just 20 minutes by train from Edinburgh but he did not know the town or more information.

It is a very nice spot he said..

More information would be very much appreciated.!

Thank you very much.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

Take the train to North Queens ferry and you will pass over the Forth bridge.The Forth is the name of the river,and the rail bridge is known as the Forth Bridge there is also a road bridge that runs close by and is called the Forth road Bridge,both are wonderful examples of Scottish engineering.There is also a sea life centre in North Queensferry and is well worth visiting.SouthQueens ferry is a nice little place to visit and affords great views of the bridge (better than the North in my opinion) but you have to take the train to Dalmeny station It is a 10 minute or so walk or a very short taxi ride into the town.There are very picturesque streets and a few good places for meals.you can also do a trip on a boat over to some of the small islands in the Firth of Forth (mouth of the river forth).If you get a nice day it is stunning.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

Unclegus is spot on with his info. Here is a site which will tell you more and has some pictures.

http://www.forthbridges.org.uk/gallery.htm

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

got it right again,not bad for an old man with severe memory loss.

I am off on holiday in a few hours and will not be back in Scotland till the 5th of October.

Do they still do the "Loony Dook" at new year in South Queensferry?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

Have a fab holiday Unclegus.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

Hey Unclegus, have a great time on holiday. Look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Andy

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

Yes, do as unclegus adivised and go to North Queensferry. There is a tiny tea room not far from one of the railbridge footings. I love to have a cuppa there and then go walking down to the old ferry landing. It is amazing to look up and see such a huge thing and the history of it is very interesting.

7. Re: Forth Bridges??? Worth seeing while in Edinburgh??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 16:17