We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good food in St Andrews

quijano, spain
Level Contributor
71 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Good food in St Andrews

We will be in St Andrews for 3 nights and enjoy good food. Does anyone have any comments on The Peat Inn (it's recently changed owners) and Nahm-Jim? Also, any recommendations on nice "typical" pubs (especially if they also serve good food) would be most appreciated. Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good food in St Andrews

The new chef at the Peat Inn was very highly-regarded in his last place in Glasgow, so I would expect it to be still top notch.

The St Andrews Seafood Restaurant was awarded the AA's Scottish Restaurant of the Year accolade for 2005. it's in a pretty funky building too. For more on eating out in the town, see: www.standrewsopen.com/restaurants

crozet, virginia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good food in St Andrews

I spent 3 weeks in St. Andrews last summer. The Whey Pat Tavern is the best pub ,although they only serve lunch. A lot of friendly locals frequent this pub.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,827 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good food in St Andrews

Anyone remember the name of the lovely bakery in St Andrews - no sit-down facilities like the branch in Dundee, but heavenly baking!

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
19,966 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good food in St Andrews

something and Donaldson (Findlay I think) racking memory :-)

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good food in St Andrews

I think you mean Fisher & Donaldson. Yummy - I love just looking in their window. Janettas is the place to buy an ice cream.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,827 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good food in St Andrews

Thats the one fisher and donaldson. Scrummy Yummy!

quijano, spain
Level Contributor
71 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good food in St Andrews

Thank you very much - will let you know how we got on.

8. Re: Good food in St Andrews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 18:16