We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Edinburgh to St Andrews

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Edinburgh to St Andrews

Can anyone tell me the bus schedule and fare (return ticket) from Edinburgh to St. Andrews. I'd like to leave around 8:30 or 9:00 am and return in the mid-afternoon. I was on the Stagecoach Fife website, but I'm finding the timetable a little confusing. I'm planning to go on a weekday. Is Stagecoach Fife the only bus that services St. Andrews from Edinburgh? Thanks for your help!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,879 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Edinburgh to St Andrews

Yes this is the only bus service as far as I am aware. I can see your confussion on the timetable

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/X5960pckttt21072005[1].pdf

No idea of the fare but it looks like the only bus you can get is the X60 which leaves at 40 mins past the hour, takes a long time though.

Have you thought about taking the train to Leuchars and then a taxi into town (approx 4 miles). Check the First Scotraill site for more info. The fare is £12.70 cheap day return and it only takes an hour from Waverly station.

You can also take a local bus from Leuchars train station which would be cheaper

stagecoachbus.com/timetables/F1flexileaflet.…

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Edinburgh to St Andrews

Okay...thanks for your help!!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Edinburgh to St Andrews

firstgroup.com/scotrail/…saint-andrews.php for a combined train / bus ticket

edinburgh
Level Contributor
88 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Edinburgh to St Andrews

Take the train.much quicker. The X does not mean express believe me. If you are leaving early from Edinburgh you'll pay the full fare on the bus as well, not a cheap day return. You need to travel after 0900/0930 to get the cheapest fares on the bus or train whichever you choose

5. Re: Bus from Edinburgh to St Andrews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 17:18