We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for B&B for September

Which St Andrews hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for B&B for September

Can anyone recommend a good B&B close to everything in St Andrews.We will be there early Sept. for 3 nights

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for B&B for September

Burness House is nice, and central.

Another option is to stay in University Halls of residence - see www.discoverstandrews.com for ideas. Some are central, some aren't - similarly some are en suite, but not all. Unfortunatley the central, older buildings tend not to be en suite - but they do have character - and the food was pretty good, I thought.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for B&B for September

Try anywhere in Murray Place or Murray Park - it's full of B&Bs and very central. Also North Street. You should be able to find them by just putting those details into Google. I haven't any first hand knowledge, sorry but the location is very good. Oh! and welcome to the forum and your first post...sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I am sure there are local St.Andrews folk who will join in and answer you on here.

London, UK
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for B&B for September

We've booked a couple of nights in 5 pilmour place for october. It looks lovely and seems to be very central.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for B&B for September

Yes Pilmour Place is very central - good choice!

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for B&B for September

Sorry - me again! If you look on the left hand side of this page and scroll down, there is a list of hotels and B & Bs in St.Andrews and Five Pilmour Place is mentioned - you can read reviews of places by clicking on them.(Just in case you had not already discovered that) I don't want to be "teaching my granny to suck eggs"(if you've heard that expression) -not even my golfingranny!!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for B&B for September

Depending on the number of people in your party, when we were in Scotland we stayed at the Arden House, 2 Kilrymont Place, St. Andrews. It was a last minute booking for us through the tourist office, but it was a lovely place,very clean with an excellent breakfast. They have 2 bedrooms, both upstairs. The one we had had a dble bed and a single bed with an ensuite bathroom. You can find them on the www.visitscotland.com website, in the accommodations section for St. Andrews on page 5.

St Andrews
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for B&B for September

Murray Park is very central with many Guest Houses.

8. Re: looking for B&B for September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about St Andrews