We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Himalayas Putting Course

Which St Andrews hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DC
5 posts
Save Topic
Himalayas Putting Course

I hate to ask such a dumb question, but I cannot find the answer anywhere!

Is the Himalayas Putting Course open everyday and is it necessary or even possible to make reservations for it? Do you just show up? We are going to be in St. Andrews for two days (a Thurs&Fri in May) and we really want to experience the fun.

Thank you in advance for any information and advice you can provide!

Tim

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

Hi

You definitely must play - it is really great fun! We just turned up - waited for a bit (20 minutes - there was a queue) then played. I'm sure you'd be fine for a thurs and friday in May.

I believe the putting green is run by the St Andrews Ladies Putting Club, and found a phone number for them on the web - 01334 475196 - however if for any reason that doesn't work the tourist info centre in st andrews may be able to help - their details are Tel: 01334 472021 / email:standrews@visitfife.com.

Enjoy!

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

Keep to your plan it is well worth while and harder than some par 3 courses.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

yes you just turn up. its good fun! (there is sometimes a queue, but its not often very long and they have benches for you to wait on.)

It's only a few pounds too!

you must also go to the beaches. and taste janettas ice cream (south street) and go to st. salvators quad.

enjoy your trip

DC
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

Thank you to everyone for your help and recommendations!

Tim

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

The Himalayas is a must. I went around my wife and her sister and they had a ball. If they still have them use the hickory putters.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

There is a sign at the Himalayas saying they close for a time each afternoon. I can't remember the exact time - maybe someone local can help.

Its great fun and quite demanding. You can choose either 9 holes or 18. Definately do 18.

scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

My name is neil and i am the manager of the himalayas in st.andrews i have made a webpage with all the information you should need http://nell111.webs.com/ type this in google search and the page should come up

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,943 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

Welcome to the Forum, Neil! I used to love The Himalayas when I lived in St. Andrews - we used to cycle all over those wee hills and valleys!!!! - in the winter of course! Loved playing the course too - loads of fun and well worth a visit. Keep up the good work

Regards

Woody

9. Re: Himalayas Putting Course

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 05:27