We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
493 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

Hello folks, I'm back ! :oD

Am heading over for Ranger's UEFA Cup match next week and was contemplating getting my hair cut in or around the city centre.

I have read previous threads on here about this topic and two household names arose from them; namely the Vidal Sassoon salon & Taylor Ferguson. I have both numbers listed in my phone, but was wondering if anyone on here thought whether splashing out 40-plus quid on a gent's haircut was worth it. I think it was Taylor F. that *started* their gent's cut prices at 40 pounds.

Do you folk think one can justify spending this sort of cash ? Is it a worthwhile one-off experience ? Also: where can I find both of these salons ?

Appreciate it,

Andrew.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

£40 for a haircut???

Anyway Taylor Ferguson is at 106 Bath St and Vidal Sassoon is at Princes Sq Buchanan St.

May I recommend Uni barbers off Byres Rd for £7.

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
493 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

Shocking price, innit !? However, I would still be up for it if someone recommended it highly enough.

I usually pay 15-20 quid, but I feel like doing this for a one-off sorta thing.

Anyone else wanna chime in....?

A.

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
493 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

Anyone been to Vidal Sassoon ? What are the prices like there ??

Ayr
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

Can I offer a piece of advice. Not about hair.

Don't call it Glasgee. We really don't say it like that.

It's Glasgow or Glesca.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,843 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

you must be one of these lucky guys still to have hair or are young enough to contemplate spending £40 on a hair cut.

I am sure you can find a far better use for your £40 than a hair cut,but if you are a Rangers supporter you will be used to wasting your money.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
192 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

Personally, I think 40quid's a lot of money for a gents haircut, considering the amount of hair most men have and the limited variety of styles you can get! My other half used to pay around that for his haircut and got really fed up as he was getting no better value for his money than when he used to get a 'short back and sides' from his local barber as a kid. He now get's his hair cut in City Barbers - great value, and he always ends up with a really nice cut. He prefers to spend his hard earned cash on beer and clothes....and me, of course! (well, I have to say that, it is Valentines Day after all.)

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

The Bar-L Ranch always did a neat trim. You could always try there - very reasonable. If you need directions, ask a policeman...

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
493 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

Bluebell2go:

Lol @ you. My mate is a hardened Glaswegian and has sent me texts in the past with the word "Glasgee" written, so please, do yourself a favour and pipe down !

I do appreciate that you can get a great cut for much less, but am going to view this as being a one-off, and so I might as well. I am now going to get it cut in Belfast, however....but it is still gonna cost me 40 rumper !! haha

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,843 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

Andy did you ever get a Paul Gasgoigne hair do.I remember years ago ll the idiots with their bleach blond hair and stuoid cut.Ok for young kids but even the older guys were getting it done.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting Hair Cut in Glasgee

I agree with bluebell. I think your mate is being ironic or sarcastic - common traits in the city.