We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Has anyone heard of Heritor's Residences in Botanic Crescent Glasgow??

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
8,189 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Is this the one?

luxuryresidences.co.uk/63/apartment-detail.h…

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,958 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Great spot if it is!

Scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

OK have booked to stay there for a weekend end of this month. Can you recommend any good restaurants nearby, heard that Byres Road is a great area !!!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,958 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Where to start - the choice is so vast, but you can't go wrong just strolling off the Byres road into ashton lane by the Hillhead subway station. There are some great bars there, also Ashoka Curry Restaurant, Ubiquitous Chip, Wee Curry House, Bar Brel and more.

Also a great Indian restaurant called Balbirs just off Church rd towards bottom of Byres Road. Stravaigin on Ruthven Lane has been recommended, and there is a pleasant bar, restaurant and music/drama venue at Oranmor at the junction of Byres Road and Great Western Road (nicely converted church).

Have a delve into Pats West End website and guide. Its a real treasure trove of west end recommendations:

http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/about/

cheers

purple

Mentioned in this post
The Ubiquitous Chip
The Ubiquitous Chip
2,307 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Brel
Brel
574 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Balbir's Restaurant
Balbir's Restaurant
564 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Stravaigin
Stravaigin
875 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Hi

Yes I walk past them most days - they look very swish from what I can see outside and are in a super spot. If it is a nice day you can walk to Byres Road in a few minutes through the botanic gardens - and enjoy watching the birds, squirrels etc. The "Kibble palace" - a lovely curvy glass house there is also worth a look - especially just before the gardens close, when it is nicely illuminated.

There are heaps of good eating options thereabouts - have a look at www.list.co.uk for ideas. A few favourites:

Balbirs - down at the other end of Byres Rd on Church street - one of the best indians in Glasgow

Number 16 - a nice small restaurant on Byres Rd

Cafe Andaluz - good spanish

Paperinos - a super italian and pizza place

North Star Cafe- on Queen margaret drive - the place to go if you don't want to make your own breakfast (although not on Sundays when they open a bit late)

By the way, if you are heading into the city centre you are also handy for the underground - you can eitther walk to Hillhead or have a nice stroll by the river kelvin to kelvinbridge station. Much easier than having to park in town (although it does shut at about 6pm on Sunday, bizarrely).

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
North Star
North Star
199 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Thank you both for all the info, that should keep us going for the weekend, jsut need some good weather now.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Oh wow! Looks fab and as said before, a fantastic location.

There is a great wee Italian on Great Western Road called Trattoria Trevi. Family run, beautiful food, reasonable prices and very friendly.

You will be spoiled for choice in that area and there are also some really nice shops all along Great Western Road.

Emelda

Scotland
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Is Trevi's still open? I thought I heard they'd closed... still no lack of alternatives in the area!

Scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Just thought I would update you on our great weekend in Glasgow.

Friday night found was at Two Fat Ladies in Dumbarton Road, excellent seafood restaurant.

Saturday was Kelvingrove Museum, Transport Museam, lunch at Beanscene and then on to Straithvaigan2 in the evening. The best chips we have ever tasted !!!

Sunday breakfast at North Star Cafe - we were queing outside at 11am but it worth it for the best french toast, bacon and maple syrup I have ever tasted !!

Sunday night should have been cafe andaluz but we did not book so had to wander down the Byres Road and stumbled upon No16 which was a great find, excellent food and service.

Monday found us having fish and chips and Roganos.

Great weekend, super weather, wonderfull Glasgow !! We will be back !!

The only negative I can think of was stepping on the bathroom scales on my return, Oh Dear !!!

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
North Star
North Star
199 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,958 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heritor's Residences, Glasgow

Wow nearlyfifty, looks like you made some great discoveries - can't wait to take the family to that North Star Cafe if I can find it!

thanks for the update:-)

purple

Mentioned in this post
North Star
North Star
199 Reviews
Glasgow, UK