We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amadeus Guest House/Cathedral Hotel

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
1 post
Save Topic
Amadeus Guest House/Cathedral Hotel

Has anyone had experience with Amadeus Guest House or Cathedral Hotel in the West End? My family of 3 is looking for inexpensive lodging around the end of May. We are interested in being near interesting pubs, resturants, and music venues.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amadeus Guest House/Cathedral Hotel

Hi there

I've not stayed in either, but can tell you about their locations.

Amadeus is on a quiet street just off Great Western Road in the West End. It is about 1 min from the nearest subway station (Kelvinbridge) and there are bars, shops and restaurants near by on GW road, and many more around Byres Road (one subway stop or a 10/15 minute walk away).

The city centre is 3 subway stops in the other direction.

I take it you mean the Catherdral House hotel?

This is next to Glasgow Cathedral....the name kinda gives that away eh?

;-)

So its not in the West end, it is on the eastern edge of the City Centre. To be honest the area immediately surrounding it is not that nice and the nearest bars, shops, restaurants are about a 15 min walk away.

If it was me, I would pick the Amadeus.

Scotland
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amadeus Guest House/Cathedral Hotel

if you're looking for something cheap and central, try www.adelaides.co.uk.

There are also various chain hotels - Premier Travel Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Ibis, Novotel in the central area.

if you want to stay in places that are also pubs and restaurants (and a bit more interesting), try Babbity Bowster's. I'm not sure if they do rooms for three though:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186534-d194019…

3. Re: Amadeus Guest House/Cathedral Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow