We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow good friday

wales united kingdom
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow good friday

Hi

We are travelling up to Glencoe for saturday morning . Staying in Sheffield on thursday night leaving about lunchtime. Thought we might stay the night in Glasgow as have never been. like the idea of Byres road area. Any advice on hotels places to eat etc.

Thanks

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow good friday

Hi there, the website below is a mine of information on the West End/Byres Road area including B&Bs. I don't know anything about accomodation there personally, but if you check Glasgow Hotels (left on this page) you can find a link to B&bs - there are a few hotels in the west end too.

http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/

You will find reviews there, and the area around Kelvingrove Park is a very pleasant one. If you find accomodation in central Glasgow that suits you better, then its easy to get out to the west end within a few minutes on the subway. Fab selection of restaurants, particularly Curry Houses, and the Ashton Lane area just behind Hillhead Subway/off the Byres Road is full of great bars and eateries to suit most budgets.

Plenty more info including maps on www.glasgowguide.com

cheers

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow good friday

Hi

if you want to stay near Byres road here are a few ideas:

Park House - www.parkhouseglasgow.co.uk - a lovely victorian B&B

Heritor's Residence - luxury self catering overlooking the botanic gardens - www.luxuryresidences.co.uk/glasgow.php

White House apartments - in a lovely setting - haven't stayed there myself but they get good reviews: www.whitehouse-apartments.com

Of course you could also stay in the city centre and take the underground out to the west end too.

wales united kingdom
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow good friday

Thanks so much for your prompt replies, it's faster than a phone!

i'll take a look at the web sites.

4. Re: Glasgow good friday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 02:17