We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow airport to Edinburgh

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Glasgow airport to Edinburgh

Could someone please advise me of the best way to get from Glasgow airport to Edinburgh. I have read here it is possible from rail station on Queen Street. I am wondering if someone knows how much the rail service is and how to get to the Queen Street rail station from the airport. Many thanks!!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow airport to Edinburgh

Airport bus (Scottish Citylink 905) to Queen Street station, GBP3, I think. You can get the train fares and schedule to Edinburgh from the journey planner at www.nationalrail.co.uk

Glasgow, UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow airport to Edinburgh

Yes, get the airport bus first of all the Queen Street Station.

The trains to Edinburgh are every 15 minutes during the day and take about 50/55 minutes to get to Edinburgh Haymarket and another couple of minutes to get to Edinburgh Waverley - which is the end of the line.

Here is a PDF of trains times I pulled off the First Scotrail website

firstgroup.com/scotrail/…route01.pdf

A single to Edinburgh will cost between ��8 and ��14 - depending on what time of day you travel. The cheap day ticket is available when you intend to travel after 10am and not between 4pm and 6pm (if I remember rightly).

brig o' doon
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow airport to Edinburgh

Keep in mind that there are 2 train stations in Glasgow, so don't end up going to the wrong one and missing your train.

Best,

HM

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow airport to Edinburgh

Thanks everyone for your advise!! I will keep all the hints in mind. This is my first trip to Scotland and I am very excited about it!! Will be meeting up with great friends and seeing Sir Elton!! Thanks agin everyone!!

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow airport to Edinburgh

When you exit the airport there is usually a bus waiting at the bus stop.The driver usually calls out the stops.Do NOT get off at central station.Ask the driver to tell you when you get to Queen Street.When you get off the bus turn right and the entrance to the station is only a few yards along,just at the traffic lights turn left and you are there.The journey from the airport is about 20 minutes.